Wouldn’t You Rather be Horsing Around?
• Weather plays a vital role in this tour's operation. In case of hard rain or flood conditions this tour is subject to cancellation. Under these circumstances we will notify guests as soon as possible and try our best to reschedule.
• We recommend guests be agile and in good health.
• Please, no guests over the weight of 220 lbs.
• All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult; unless a parental release form is signed.
• For your comfort we recommend riders wear long pants, closed toed shoes, and a hat.
• We require a 24 hour notice of cancellation to avoid a full service fee. Please call 808-775-7291.
Horseback offers guided excursions into the legendary Waipi'o Valley. Participants meet at the WOH Ranch located at mile marker 7.5 off Highway 240. This 2 and 1/2 hour tour departs twice daily, 9:30 am and 1:30 pm, Monday through Saturday. Check in time is half an hour before departure. We begin our journey with a shuttle ride from WOH Ranch to Waipi'o Valley. As we descend to the valley floor and onward to the stables, guests will experience epic views of Waipiʻo's one mile long black sand beach and the spectacular Hi'ilawe, Hawaiʻi's tallest twin waterfall. Upon arrival at the stables, riders receive a
safety demonstration and meet their horse. Once in the saddle, the trek takes a leisurely pace allowing riders to appreciate an unforgettable perspective of Waipi'o's incredible beauty while our horses lead the way. Our local guides share the legends and history of this rich cultural landscape throughout the journey. Meander alongside the food crops of old; green fields of kalo, rare Hawaiian bananas, sugarcane, coconut and breadfruit, to name just a few. When in season, get a close up view of the sacred lotus flower and savor the taste of exotic fruits from the family farm. Be sure to bring a camera so our guides can capture the keepsake of a lifetime.
Mahalo nui loa!